[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH git repo undergoing maintenance

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Wed Feb 6 02:44:51 MSK 2013

That will never happen....

What happens when GITHUB decides its no longer going to be free? Or makes
some other change we don't agree with? (I'm not saying that this is going to
happen, but the possibility is always there)

This is the same reason we use Jira, but don't use the hosted versions
Atlasian provides. The project controls the servers. This means if for
whatever reason we need to change hosting services, etc, we can just move
the servers (or in some cases the VMs we have) from provider A to provider
B... (we recently did this with very little interruption to the public
services)

Also, that being said our GIT Servers are back online...