[Freeswitch-users] freetdm rxgain txgain

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Thu Aug 15 07:21:28 MSD 2013

Looks like rxgain and txgain are not working - I was testing using the cool mW extension (thanks -
whoever put that in)  and could not change the level - did some digging and dahdi_diag shows that
the gains don't change.

; Aug 14 18:16:51 malaysia kernel: [350647.964612] dahdi: rxgain: ffffffffa02e7c70, txgain:
ffffffffa02e7c70, gainalloc: 0

; Aug 14 18:20:33 malaysia kernel: [350869.980742] dahdi: rxgain: ffffffffa02e7c70, txgain:
ffffffffa02e7c70, gainalloc: 0

Even tried changes over a reboot.

This card has absorbed a lot of time:
(Digium, Inc. Wildcard AEX410 4-port analog card (PCI-Express)) [OT]:(and now I find that it fails
to put out a real ring signal.  Apparently, whoever designed it did not know the difference between
RMS and peak voltage... fails to ring 3 out of 4 modems I tested. Gump, hiss,groan).

I can go in and modify the modem so it can detect the weak ring signal, but out of the box the audio
levels on the card are way off ( they were also off in Asterisk ) and if I want to have this working
well , I need to tweak those levels.

BTW - I can use the 1 dBm test tone stream to monitor the transmitted level - is there a way to
monitor a level coming back the other way?

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://secure.transtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

The lawyer was about two bubbles off plumb.