[Freeswitch-users] [OL]Re: best way to receive FAXs

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Sat Aug 3 00:58:52 MSD 2013

On 08/02/2013 03:02 PM, Brian Foster wrote:
> I've personally had issues with hylafax. I dont know what it is or how to fix it, but what I ended
> up doing is using mod_spandsp and dumping the received faxes into a couchdb database. I have an
> example here (http://github.com/bdfoster/fax-to-couchdb). It's rough, but it might give you some ideas.

Thanks - I had to go through 6 modems before I found one that did fax reliably - it is the firmware
code in the modem that matters - and all of the big names failed. Worked with an external Supra Fax
modem 144LC

If you ever need to get it to work, I can send my Debian configs.

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://secure.transtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

Most economic fallacies derive from the tendency to assume that there is a fixed pie, that one party
can gain only at the expense of another.
Milton Friedman