[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Core - Cassandra Database

Juan Jose Comellas juanjo at comellas.org
Fri Aug 2 02:13:25 MSD 2013

You can modify this behavior in MongoDB by changing the "write concern" [1]
to ensure that the MongoDB client only returns to the caller when at least
one of the replicas has acknowledged the data. The problem is that if you
do that the performance drops dramatically. In my opinion, MongoDB is only
suitable for storing non-critical data. I would never use it for a failover
solution with FreeSWITCH.

BTW, moving from a relational database to a NoSQL one is not trivial at
all, especially if your application requires any kind of transactionality
from the DB.

[1] http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/core/write-concern/