[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Core - Cassandra Database

Patrick Lists freeswitch-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 2 00:19:18 MSD 2013

On 08/01/2013 09:45 PM, john at millican.us wrote:
[snip]
> I have used many
> SQL db and a few NoSQL and the NoSQL are much faster, easier to scale,
> and just plain more fun. My opinion and of course YMMV

Doesn't MongoDB acknowledge a write when it still has the data in mem as
opposed to written on disk? So when the power fails and both FreeSWITCH
server 1 and MongoDB server 1 are down there was data in memory that has
not been replicated to MongoDB server 2. How is that going to result in
proper failover? How can you fire up FreeSWITCH server 2 with all call
data when MongoDB server 2 does not have all the call data? I'm no NoSQL
expert so would love to hear how a NoSQL based solution could do the job
reliably.

Regards,
Patrick