[Freeswitch-users] Audio Lost after 1 min

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Fri Apr 19 18:55:57 MSD 2013

Hi All,

I have a report by a customer at a site that we had considerable trouble
with NAT issues.  I thought everything was now stable, but it sounds like it
is not.

She reports that she is only telling me now, but for some time when they
call someone and get no answer and get directed to voicemail (the latest was
a Sprint number) the audio from the remote answering machine cuts off before
then end of the message.  She did point out the call timer on her phone
continued normally.  She swears this does not happen when talking to a live
person!

First, I don't think FS can even tell if the b-leg was answered by voice
mail differently from a person.  Please correct me if that is incorrect.

So, I am proceeding on the assumption that calls that are answered take less
than 60 seconds!  45 seconds of the reported call were waiting for Sprint to
give up on the cell phone and route to voicemail.

The log just shows the call being answered . then Normal Clearing.

I tend to always suspect NAT or crappy Polycom 335s for this customer as
that has been all my issues with them so far. Is there a NAT issues relating
to max call length, etc?  No other users (all cisco phones) on the same FS
at other sites report this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Sean