[Freeswitch-users] Mod xml curl and mod dingaling

Peter van Raamsdonk peetzer at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 10:33:38 MSD 2012

Hi Gabe,

On 22 sep 2012, at 06:51, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:

> Peter,
>
> It's hard to know exactly what you're asking, so I'm going to ask a
> few follow-up questions...
>
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 4:57 AM, Peter van Raamsdonk <peetzer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm setting up FreeSwitch and I'm using mod xml curl.
>>
>> I catch all calls and redirect them (post from Freeswitch to my servlet) to
>> my handler.
>
> OK, so we're talking about handeling the dialplan section of the XML here.
>
> Yes, correct, I put section in the dialplan to my servlet.
>
>> I give all 'sip' extension configurations dynamically back in xml.
>
> And now, we're talking about handeling the directory here, right?
>
> Yes only the directory (but can also be dialplan or configuration)
>
>> How does the complete configuration look of a basic Gtalk client?
>>
>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Dingaling#Sample_Configuration_.28Google.29
>
> I think that link has the answer to your question. Doesn't it?

This I have seen, but was wondering to put all together as with normal extension (directory). The config file is also referencing the exten (extension file) Since the xml is not static, I get the login/ password and type of phone from my application.
FreeSwitch asks me for the configuration by a post and I return the xml. This works for normal SIP extensions, just returning the xml with userid. I would like to return the dingaling and extension all together.

>> Can you include the extension in the client profile?
>
> You might be thinking about it incorrectly. From the looks of it (and
> I don't do much with mod_dingaling), you don't tie a google account to
> each user. It's more like you configure that google user in the same
> way you might configure a sofia gateway -- it allows you to call into
> and out of the system.

Only for Gtalk phones, I know the type.

>> Ps, is it also possible to stop automatic posts to my handler? I want to be
>> able to control this manually by runing for example "reloadacl" command.
>
> Nope. If you set a section of the XML to be dynamic, it's going to be
> dynamic. You can however return a "not found" response and FreeSWITCH
> will then look on the disk to see if there is anything available:
>
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_xml_curl#General_.22Not_found.22_reply

Numbers unknown or a specific alfanumeric extension I handle with fifo but this leads to a new question ;)

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_xml_curl#bindings.3D.22directory.22