[Freeswitch-users] Mod xml curl and mod dingaling

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Sat Sep 22 08:51:54 MSD 2012

Peter,

It's hard to know exactly what you're asking, so I'm going to ask a
few follow-up questions...

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 4:57 AM, Peter van Raamsdonk <peetzer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm setting up FreeSwitch and I'm using mod xml curl.
>
> I catch all calls and redirect them (post from Freeswitch to my servlet) to
> my handler.

OK, so we're talking about handeling the dialplan section of the XML here.

> I give all 'sip' extension configurations dynamically back in xml.

And now, we're talking about handeling the directory here, right?

> How does the complete configuration look of a basic Gtalk client?
>
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Dingaling#Sample_Configuration_.28Google.29

I think that link has the answer to your question. Doesn't it?

> Can you include the extension in the client profile?

You might be thinking about it incorrectly. From the looks of it (and
I don't do much with mod_dingaling), you don't tie a google account to
each user. It's more like you configure that google user in the same
way you might configure a sofia gateway -- it allows you to call into
and out of the system.

> Ps, is it also possible to stop automatic posts to my handler? I want to be
> able to control this manually by runing for example "reloadacl" command.

Nope. If you set a section of the XML to be dynamic, it's going to be
dynamic. You can however return a "not found" response and FreeSWITCH
will then look on the disk to see if there is anything available:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_xml_curl#General_.22Not_found.22_reply

Good luck. Hope I helped more than I confused the situation :)

Gabe