[Freeswitch-users] using spandsp fax tone detection from originate command

Adam Johnston ajohnston at blimessaging.com
Fri Sep 21 23:31:21 MSD 2012

I had actually added some sleep commands in some of my other command
combinations but I kept getting the same result. However, once I increased
the timeout to spandsp_start_fax_detect and increased the sleep time I
started getting some successful faxes out.

If no fax tone is detected I would like to set fax_result_code to a custom
error code that I could then map in my controller application. Is there
some way to evaluate the result of a tone detect? I've been trying the
below inline dialplan but it's giving my false negatives so I'm back on the
wiki looking for a solution.

'spandsp_start_fax_detect:txfax /tmp/myfax.tif 10
ced,sleep:10000,set:fax_result_code:951' inline

Many thanks,

Adam Johnston