[Freeswitch-users] using spandsp fax tone detection from originate command

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Sep 21 22:07:03 MSD 2012

Hi Adam,

The key piece of information is this:
[NOTICE] switch_core_state_machine.c:226 sofia/external/18005551234 has
executed the last dialplan instruction, hanging up.

You've enabled "fax detection" on the call but you haven't told the call to
actually do anything. From what you're doing it seems like you're wanting
to detect a fax and then run the txfax application. But what happens if a
fax is not detected? Also, what happens to the call in the interim, i.e.
between the time you enable fax detect and the time it actually detects a
fax tone? The call needs to do "something" while waiting for a fax tone.
You may be better off sending this call to an extension and then having
several dialplan actions, like "answer", "spandsp_start_fax_detect", and
then a "sleep" or "playback" app, or something for the channel to do while
it's waiting for fax tone.

Question: what do you want the call to do if no fax is detected?

-MC

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Adam Johnston
<ajohnston at blimessaging.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to use the spandsp_start_fax_detect application (with
> txfax as the callback) from the originate command but I keep getting a
> hangup before it completes.
>
> So far I've tried calling the app directly:
> originate {ignore_early_media='true'}sofia/gateway/mygateway/18005551234&spandsp_start_fax_detect('txfax /tmp/myfax.tif 3 ced')
>
> Inline dialplan:
> originate {ignore_early_media='true'}sofia/gateway/mygateway/18005551234'spandsp_start_fax_detect:txfax /tmp/myfax.tif 3 ced' inline
>
> ..plus some other permutations but all end with the same result:
>
> [NOTICE] mod_spandsp.c:107 Enabling fax detection 'txfax' '/tmp/myfax.tif'
> [DEBUG] switch_core_media_bug.c:456 Attaching BUG to sofia/external/
> 18005551234
> [NOTICE] switch_core_state_machine.c:226 sofia/external/18005551234 has
> executed the last dialplan instruction, hanging up.
>
> Am I misunderstanding how spandsp_start_fax_detect works?
>
> Adam Johnston

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Michael S Collins
Twitter: @mercutioviz