[Freeswitch-users] sip-router or opensips for good

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Sep 12 19:02:07 MSD 2012

For the record, Daniel and Scott will be joining us next week and the
following Wednesday to discuss repro. Be sure to call in every Wednesday at
GMT 1700 (1PM EDT, 10AM PDT) to see what interesting things we are
discussing.

-MC

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 5:04 AM, Vallimamod ABDULLAH <
vallimamod.abdullah at imtelecom.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is very interesting and to dig further, what is the best use of the
> proxy: should it be only used as a loadbalancer and let freeswitch handle
> the registrations or should it handle the registrations too? I have only
> seen the first configuration on the wiki or ML so far.
>
> In both cases, how do you share the registration information between the
> front proxy and the ipbx ? And how do you manage failover ?
>
> Best Regards,
> - vallimamod.
>

> On Aug 29, 2012, at 12:57 PM, Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.com.au> wrote:
>

> > I would suggest it is really a choice between Kamailio and repro (from
> > reSIProcate), which hasn't been mentioned in this thread, but is
> > actually very competitive and comes from a completely different
> > background (not rooted in SER)
> >
> > Kamailio and repro are the two leaders when it comes to TLS and TCP
> > support, TLS is pretty much essential these days:
> > http://www.opentelecoms.org/federated-voip-tls
> >
> > There are some very good tutorials about how to get started quickly with
> > either product:
> > http://www.opentelecoms.org/federated-voip-quick-start-howto
> >

> > On 29/08/12 12:18, Yufei Tao wrote:
> >> If you use TCP/TLS a lot, Kamailio will save you a lot of grief as it's
> >> got a much better TCP stack. I also find the cfg file is much easier to
> >> work with as already mentioned.
> >>
> >> Yufei

Michael S Collins
Twitter: @mercutioviz