[Freeswitch-users] Easy Information Needed For Placement Of POP To Avoid Latency

jay binks jaybinks at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 15:58:57 MSD 2012

you are 100% correct... you do not want your traffic routed through the US
if your users are in Australia.

also you are always better to choose a provider with the shortest path to
you ( most direct )
because of latency, packet loss and jitter.

<shameless plug>
if your users truly are in Australia you should select the BEST SIP
trunking provider in Australia.
http://netsip.com.au/

We are also supporters and users of Freeswitch, so you also help the
community by signing up with us :)
</shameless plug>

On 10 September 2012 16:09, TamurlangClan <TamurlangClan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am weak in network architecture and need help in placement of POP. Please
> see below:
>
> 1) Is it must to have a POP close to where your subsicriber base. For
> Example: If my user base is in Australia as well, Will they be affected if
> their calls are routed through POP in New York as it might cause Latency
> and
> packet delay thereby dropping call quality considerably?
>
> 2) I have seen some termination providers who have indirect route. Does
> this
> mean if i choose them my calls will be routed through multiple switches at
> multiple locations which will give poor quality voice and also high Latency
> and Packet Delay? So is it better choose direct routes?
>
> Please guide on this. Thanks in advance.

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Sincerely

Jay