[Freeswitch-users] Easy Information Needed For Placement Of POP To Avoid Latency

TamurlangClan TamurlangClan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 10:09:34 MSD 2012

Hi,

I am weak in network architecture and need help in placement of POP. Please
see below:

1) Is it must to have a POP close to where your subsicriber base. For
Example: If my user base is in Australia as well, Will they be affected if
their calls are routed through POP in New York as it might cause Latency and
packet delay thereby dropping call quality considerably?

2) I have seen some termination providers who have indirect route. Does this
mean if i choose them my calls will be routed through multiple switches at
multiple locations which will give poor quality voice and also high Latency
and Packet Delay? So is it better choose direct routes?

Please guide on this. Thanks in advance.