[Freeswitch-users] problem with bridged conference

Dave Horton daveh at beachdognet.com
Wed Sep 5 17:15:55 MSD 2012

This appears to be a bug having to do with the use of the literal
_uuid_ for the conference name.  The docs say (and the code agrees,
from what I can see) that this literal will cause the conference name
to be set to the uuid of channel; i.e., a guaranteed unique conference
name.  However, looking further at the logs I posted before, it seems
that what is happening when I use that is that two conferences are
actually being created -- one for the original caller and one for the
called party.  You can see, for instance, that two different set of
caller controls are established, which indicates that two conference
threads have been spun up, and two conference rooms created.  Thus
caller and called party can't hear each other.

I changed the conference name from _uuid_ to a specific name of my
choosing (also guaranteed to be unique), and things appear to be
working properly.

I am running a fairly old version of freeswitch (FreeSWITCH Version
1.0.head (git-426a448 2010-09-27 10-12-10 -0400) so perhaps this is
something that has been fixed in a more recent version (?)

Dave