[Freeswitch-users] setting up basic call center using mod_fifo

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Oct 22 22:54:57 MSD 2012

Ken,

Just curious - what kind of control are you hoping to have over the next
agent receiving the call? The general operation is that whoever has been
available the longest gets the next call. You can poll for information
about queues using the "fifo list" or "fifo list_verbose" API commands.
There are some events that get thrown but usually those have to do with
calls entering/exiting the queue and/or getting connected to agents. If you
want to see what those look like then set up a FIFO queue and then do this
from fs_cli:

/log 0
/events plain all
/filter Event-Name CUSTOM

You'll see all custom events (including stuff from mod_conference) but I
kinda like that view. You can also do a filter like this:

/filter Event-Subclass fifo::info

That will narrow it down only to FIFO-related events.

HTH,
MC

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Ken Kelly-Turner <kenkellyturner at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to set up a very basic call center using mod_fifo and I was
> wondering if there was a way to control which agent the next call on the
> queue gets sent to as well as a way to monitor the behaviour of the each
> agent (tell when they've logged in/out, number of calls rejected, record
> calls etc.)
>
> Thanks,
> Ken

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org