[Freeswitch-users] Multicast on Freeswitch

Aleksei Zjabkin aleksei.zjabkin at telegrupp.ee
Fri Oct 12 10:24:57 MSD 2012

Hi!

I'm working on a project of integration radios into VoIP network. Main
task is SIP to Radio intercom using multicast streams.

I already have a working solution, based on Cisco E&M and twisted pair
WAVE. Since Wave is a little bit costly solution, I want to implement
intercom using freeswitch.

Main problem is that I'm not developer and just a network guy and I need
help in implementation. I had some experience with multicast steams on
Asterisk and I believe that freeswitch is more flexible than asterisk.

First and most important question is about how is multicast implemented
on freeswitch. Here is an example from the samples included with
freeswitch:

   <extension name="rtp_multicast_page">

     <condition field="destination_number"
expression="^pagegroup$|^7243">

       <action application="answer"/>

       <action application="esf_page_group"/>

     </condition>

   </extension>

expression="^pagegroup$|^7243"> - what does this expression mean? Does
it mean that dialer must be a member of a pagegroup?

At the beggining I need to setup freeswitch to stream a SIP call, so
applications like VLC could listen it.

Best Regards,

Aleksei Zjabkin

IT lahendused \ IT solutions