[Freeswitch-users] Running multiple SIP profiles

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Thu May 31 19:25:50 MSD 2012

This is not entirely true... While each profile is its own thread true, the
SOA state engine is a single thread, and this is where most bottlenecks
occur... Now that being said Tony has implemented some things in sofia to
mitigate this issue...

Tony demonstrated this update to the code at Cluecon (2011) with a machine
with 1 sofia profile running 1000 calls/sec at 30second call duration
leaving the box with 30K concurrent calls.

Admittedly this was a pretty beefy box, but still, the added management
overhead of the addition profiles (not just the freeswitch configs but other
system admin required) may or may not be worth any perceived performance
gains.

Also if you are trying to do over 1000cps on a single machine, you need to
re-evaluate what you are doing, as at that rate you should be able to afford
additional hardware... That's just to much business grade traffic on 1
machine to risk a failure and loss of revenue

>>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org