[Freeswitch-users] How to update a live system with very little downtime (How does 'make current' work?)

William King william.king at quentustech.com
Tue May 1 00:16:16 MSD 2012

For minimum downtime just leave FS running, go to where you have the FS
source and do:
git pull
make
/etc/init.d/freeswitch stop
make install
/etc/init.d/freeswitch start

That's assuming you have a freeswitch init script. That'll leave you
with only the downtime that it takes to restart FS, and the length of
the make install(usually very short).

William King
Senior Engineer
Quentus Technologies, INC