[Freeswitch-users] Session-wise Language Setting

Sharad Garg sharad at coraltele.com
Sat Mar 31 10:21:21 MSD 2012

Hello Mr. MC

Thanks for the link.....seems working.

But observed another point i.e. it works only for the speech phrase macros.

When I write a simple xml dialplan like this -

    <extension name="lang_test">
         <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(3333)$">
              <action application="set" data="bypass_media=true"/>
              <action application="answer"/>
              <action application="sleep" data="1000"/>
              <action application="set" data="default_language=ru"/>
              <action application="playback" data="ivr/test.wav"/>
         </condition>
    </extension>

This dialplan still plays the test.wav which is in <base_dir>/sounds/en/us/callie/ivr/8000/test.wav. While it should play the test.wav from <base_dir>/sounds/ru/RU/elena/ivr/8000/test.wav. & at the same time, speech phrase macro use the 'ru' language.

So when I did my googling, I found that the language settings is only for speech phrase macros. It is not implemented in Freeswitch to use the desired languages at all places.

So need to know is there any latest development on this ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sharad