[Freeswitch-users] process-rxfax.py and announcing that a fax was detected/connection grabbed

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 16:53:03 MSD 2012

Hello everyone,

I am new to FreeSWITCH (several months, but a few bugs kept me really
from digging in until now).

I am setting up auto-rx for faxes for a home PBX. It works. However, the
person who answers the phone hears a beep, then a click. I am hoping
there is a way to cause FreeSwitch to play an announcement from inside
the process-rxfax.py or the dialplan calling it so that the person who
answers the phone knows a fax was detected and that they can hangup.
This should only play to the internal user, and not affect rxfax at all.

Is this possible? How would I go about splitting the legs of the
connection or what not to do that?

Thank you,
Trever
--
"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty
abused to licentiousness." -- George Washington