[Freeswitch-users] Using mysql cluster as core db

Ash ash at archerdrive.com
Thu Mar 22 01:14:32 MSK 2012

Hi Gary,

I used to use mysql cluster on my tables for the freeswitch database.  When I set it up I started freeswitch which created the tables as MyISAM, then I run an ALTER TABLE X type=ndbcluster on each table this worked for me.  I thought you could tune the NDB config file to allow more elements.  Did you try raising your Data Size and Index Sizes?   There is a nab_size.pl script which can help you work things out I believe.

I actually ended up moving away from NDB for my FS database as I was suffering strange lock issues and lock errors, NDB seems very limited in the locking mechanism it does and in some case I found the sip_registrations table was actually locked which caused an outage for my clients.  I moved to a Innodb Active/Active replication scenario, in doing so I found that the locking issues went away and in fact the SQL queries got faster thanks to indexing.  With the InnoDB setup you can still achieve high availability by using Active/Active replication and a virtual address that is monitored using heartbeat.

Entirely up to you but after the experience I had I would strongly advise against NDB Cluster for your FS Core, initially it was great but as my volume increased I started seeing ODBC lock timeout messages from Freeswitch, as soon as I change the tables to Innodb the lock error messages disappeared.

Cheers,

Ash.