[Freeswitch-users] rad_auth faild to load modul

Miha miha at softnet.si
Wed Mar 21 10:10:37 MSK 2012

On 3/20/2012 11:14 PM, Patrick Lists wrote:
> On 20-03-12 22:55, Tihomir Culjaga wrote:
>> hi Miha,
>>
>> please always use freeradius-client-1.1.6 along with mod_rad_auth.
>> looks like a different freeradius-client library version.
> RHEL 6.2 / CentOS 6.2 comes with freeradius 2.1.10 so that is going to
> be a problem. Even more when looking at the freeradius website where it
> clearly states:
>
> "Version 1.1 - No longer maintained!
>
> As of January 2008, the version 1.1.x releases are no longer actively
> maintained. Version 1.1.7 was the last release in that cycle. We
> recommend that everyone using Version 1.1.7 (or any earlier version)
> upgrade to the latest 2.x release as soon as possible.
>
> If there are any security isses found in Version 1.1.7, we will release
> a Version 1.1.8 to fix them. However, any new features or bug fixes will
> not be added to the 1.1.x releases."
>
> So the freeradius 1.1.6 version you mentioned is obsolete. Imho
> mod_rad_auth should be updated to work with freeradius 2.1.10.
>
> I don't use mod_rad_auth but it would make sense to me if someone filed
> a bug on Jira asap so maybe this could get fixed before FreeSWITCH 1.2
> is released.
>
> Regards,
> Patrick

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Hi Patric,

Freeradius is not causing the problem, the problem is freeradius-client
as freeradius team is not longer developing it. I have download
freeradius-client from  wget
ftp://ftp.freeradius.org/pub/freeradius/freeradius-client-1.1.6.tar.bz2
as is written on wiki.

I will post this on jira. I have found one tip on google, that in make
file I should change FREERADIUSLA=/usr/local/lib/libfreeradius-client.so
to FREERADIUSLA=/usr/local/lib/libfreeradius-client.so. I did that and
compile it again. Now it works.

Do you maybe know Patric what this change?

Regards,
Miha