[Freeswitch-users] Call sent to group call terminates when group is busy instead of transferring

Robert Longfield robert.longfield at klinsight.com
Mon Mar 19 21:13:31 MSK 2012

I set up a group call for our support team in which all their phones ring when someone needs to speak with them. If they are busy the call should be transferred to a general extension which if not answered then goes to that extensions VM.

My dialplan looks like:

<extension name="group_dial_support">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^2001$">
        <action application="set" data="continue_on_fail=true"/>
        <action application="bridge" data="group/support@${domain_name}"/>
        <!-- <action application="voicemail" data="default ${domain} 1000"/> -->
        <action application="transfer" data="1000 XML default"/>
        <action application="hangup"/>
     </condition>
</extension>

What is happening is a caller selects the support option from the IVR, ever phone in the support group rings, which is what should happen. If no one picks up the call Freeswitch hangs up instead of transferring the call to extension 1000. You can see that I also tried to send the call directly to voicemail but that didn’t work either.

The message I see when Freeswitch hangs up is:

    Channel sofia/internal/sip:1002 at 72.38.184.18:39042 hanging up, cause: USER_BUSY

The full output from cli can be seen here: http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/18696

I would like to get the call to transfer properly.

Thanks
-Robert