[Freeswitch-users] session-api - How to continue with A-leg after bridge-timeout?

Christian Benke benkokakao at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 00:28:39 MSK 2012

On 9 March 2012 21:55, John <freeswitch at earthspike.net> wrote:
> It sounds like something that would be better driven from the ESL rather
> than a script that effectively forms part of the dialplan.  As João
> says, when you lose the leg you are executing inside, you lose control.

Hmm, I think i found the cause of the problem - Polycom is handling
"Attended Transfers" resp. "Consultation Transfers" somewhat
unorthodox, where B does not have to wait for C to pickup - FS can't
cope well with this situation. A proper Attended Transfer or a proper
Blind Transfer handles these situations much better. Anthony pointed
this out to me offlist on an other issue.
In essence, i have the option to reconfigure my Polycoms to not allow
to transfer unanswered Attended Transfers with the parameter
"voIpProt.SIP.allowTransferOnProceeding" - and instruct my clients how
to use a "real" Blind Transfer instead.
With a proper Blind Transfer, A sends a invite to C and the call is
reinitated properly from the start.

This issue was really bugging me for 2 weeks now, but the solution
appears simple and at a totally different place than i had looked. Who
would have thought? :-) Sometimes you lose sight of the forest for the
trees...

> Also, you are far better posting logs to pastebin.freeswitch.org.  The
> URL stays in the original post whereas the attachment gets lost further
> down the post chain.  And they are easier to read.

Ah, yeah, thanks. I was so distracted and cocerned that i forgot about that ;-)

Cheers,
Christian