[Freeswitch-users] How to Create PHP Application for Freeswicth using ESL

Shahzad Bhatti shahzad.bhatti at g-r-v.com
Wed Mar 7 13:58:58 MSK 2012

Hi Everyone,

i am a new user and want to learn how to create php application using ESL i
just want to play a dynamic message using cepstral and get the customer
response using dtmf. but i can't unserstand how to handle call using php as
their is no mod_php is available like mod_lua, i park the call and now want
to speak in the call but unable to do:

please guide me i can't solve that problem with playandgetdigits() example
of Mr. Michael Collins that what is the code of [handler.php].

=====================================================================================================================
*
*
*originate user/1500 meeting_request_1500*

Then create that extension:

<extension name="meeting request">
  <condition field="destination_number" expression="^meeting_request_(
\d+)$">
    <action application="set" data="target_user=$1"/>
    <action application="set" data="text=cepstral|callie|Hi, we have a
meeting on Monday at 9, are you joining us, if yes then press, 1. and if
not press, 2."/>
    <action application="answer"/>
    <action application="sleep" data="1000"/>
    <action application="play_and_get_digits"
      data="1 1 3 5000 # speak:${text}
ivr/ivr-that_was_an_invalid_entry.wav answer \d"/>
    <action application="set" data="api_hangup_hook=system
*handler.php* ${target_user}
${answer}"/>
    <action application="log" data="INFO User ${target_user} responded with
${answer}"/>
    <action application="playback" data="ivr/ivr-Thank_you.wav"/>
    <action application="hangup"/>
  </condition>
</extension>

is anyone guide me how to do it php,