[Freeswitch-users] Bind extension to an IP address

Richard Brady rnbrady at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 04:17:38 MSD 2012

>> Is there an equivalent for gateways?
>>
>> I can't find a way to bind incoming calls from a CIDR to a particular gateway.
>>
> Just curious - what functionality do you need this for?

In order to configure DTMF per provider, i.e. per gateway:

  <gateway name="provider1">
    <variables>
      <variable direction="both" name="dtmf_type" value="info">
    </variables>
  </gateway>

  <gateway name="provider2">
    <variables>
      <variable direction="both" name="dtmf_type" value="rfc2833">
    </variables>
  </gateway>

This works for outbound calls but not for inbound calls, even though I
have specified direction="both".

I believe that direction="both" and direction="inbound" will only work
on a SIP profile, not on a gateway. But I'm hoping to be corrected.

Richard