[Freeswitch-users] Bind extension to an IP address

ocset ocset at the800group.com
Tue Jun 26 13:52:42 MSD 2012

My thought were as follows

If I could bind all of the internal extensions to an IP address, then I
can limit the number of extension that are exposed to outside attack. So
if I open up port 5090 and allow registration from internet based
phones, I can limit it to only a couple of extensions rather than having
all extensions open to the outside world.

The purpose of these few extensions is to allow someone in the office to
transfer a call to someone on the road. They would not be given
permission to use any of the gateways so even if someone did manage to
hack in, they  would not be able to make long distance calls - limit the
damage.

Does that make sense?

Regards