[Freeswitch-users] Whats the best way to insert audio into a call from event socket

Fraser Redmond fraserredmond at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 23:17:17 MSK 2012

I want to insert a queue of voice recordings into a call, and be able to
stop them all. Doing both via the event socket.

Currently I'm doing:
api uuid_broadcast $uuid fileName1.wav both
api uuid_broadcast $uuid fileName2.wav both

And stopping the audio with:
api uuid_break $uuid all

That works quite well, except for two problems:
1) I can't use it because when the audio is playing the parties can't hear
each other talk.
2) There is a slight delay of about half a second before the audio starts
(though I'm guessing this can't be helped.)

Previously I'd used:
api uuid_displace $uuid start fileName1.wav 0 mux

But I don't think I'd been able to queue up more than one file with that.

There's a few other possibilities that I've thought of, including going
into a js/lua script and looping inside that, or changing the call into a
conference, and using the conference commands.

Rather than mess around trying lots of ideas, I'd rather focus on the one
best approach - any ideas?

Cheers,
Fraser