[Freeswitch-users] mod_xmlr_cdr, resend failed CDR's.

Michael Giagnocavo mgg at giagnocavo.net
Thu Feb 23 21:18:34 MSK 2012

Well I prefer to use a message queue, so the problem becomes "how can I easily get CDRs into a message queue?". Depending on your needs, you may want both A and B legs, which means some sort of correlation daemon that reads incoming A legs and finds their B legs, then packages that up and fires it off to the network.

In this case, HTTP just becomes a possible shortcut to keep CDRs from forcing disk IO. If you're not concerned about disk IO, then just ignore the HTTP part altogether, as you always have to write code to read the CDR files off the disk.

I don't use a cronjob, I use a custom daemon that is constantly scanning for updates to that directory, checking for them to be unlocked (so you don't read only part of a CDR), then moving them to a temp directory until both A and B legs are found, then throwing them into a queue.

It's a bit of a pain, but if you want reliable CDR processing...

-Michael