[Freeswitch-users] Where to best get help with freeswitch on gentoo?

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Wed Feb 22 10:11:27 MSK 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 7:48 AM, Marcus Mülbüsch
<muelbuesch at as-infodienste.de> wrote:
>    Googling around did not really lead me to anything useful. Is gentoo
> using the freeswitch ebuild still a (more or less) recommended way to
> run freeswitch?

The recommended way to run FS is on CentOS 5. Now, if you want to run
it on something else, that's fine too. You will however find that
you'll have access to less support. It's less about playing favorite
distros (there is a *bit* of that), and more about limited resources.

I'm not trying to be down on Gentoo. I happen to run Ubuntu --also a
2nd class citizen.

>    Can I ask more specific questions here, or somewhere else?

If you're having a hard time building on Gentoo, you might find a
fan/follower on this list, but you might also have better luck with a
Gentoo support list. After all, isn't the the main thrust behind
Gentoo, building your own stuff?

Anyway, good luck and if you get it figured out, please support the
Gentoo/FreeSWITCH community by updating the wiki.  BTW, the wiki page
that you mention was last edited in Aug. 2010. That's wicked old by
the FS calendar.

Kind regards,
Gabe