[Freeswitch-users] questions about modules.conf

Josh mojo1736 at privatedemail.net
Tue Feb 14 02:08:13 MSK 2012

> Modules.conf is generated at bootstrap time from modules.conf.in
>
> The modules that are endabled by default should build if you installed the
> pre-reqs as defined on the wiki page you reference... Commented out modules
> either require additional dependancies or are just not needed in the stock
> example configs....

In other words, the modules included in that file are pre-defined in
advance - sort of minimum common denominator/setup, right?

For example, if I already have the ZRTP libraries installed on the build
machine, does bootstrap.sh enable this module after "finding out" that I
do have this library present or is it just using modules.conf.in as a
base and then copies it as modules.conf (I haven't actually looked at
modules.conf.in yet, so don't know what it actually contains).

> You don't need to check out the freeswitch-sample-configs.git tree at all...
> What you need is in the main freeswitch.git tree

Do I need to fetch freeswitch-contrib.git and if so, where do I place it
- the main FS tree or somewhere separate? If I place it in the core tree
does bootstrap.sh picks up the additions in that tree and adjusts the
make process to account for these additions? Also, would that affect
what is included/not included/enabled/not enabled in modules.conf? Thanks!