[Freeswitch-users] questions about modules.conf

Josh mojo1736 at privatedemail.net
Mon Feb 13 19:35:56 MSK 2012

According to the Installation/Build Guide
(http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_Guide), modules.conf gets
generated during the execution of bootstrap.sh.

Should I assume that the options specified in this file - both in terms
of what modules are included as well as whether or not they are enabled
- depends on my own configuration (the presence of required packages &
libraries) as well as the presence of the source code/makefile for a
particular module or is the content of this file "predefined" and filled
in with a set of "standard" modules regardless of what bootstrap has
found (I hope the answer is the former, but need to make absolutely sure)?

Also, the same wiki page recommends that I also fetch
freeswitch-contrib.git as well as freeswitch-sample-configs.git, but it
is not clear to me whether I should dump the contents of these two
projects within the main FS tree, where freeswitch.git was placed, or
whether I should compile/build these separately - in a completely
separate tree? Thanks!