[Freeswitch-users] [newbie] questions

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Thu Feb 9 18:45:11 MSK 2012

> I also found solution to another common feature I was planning to add:
> call screening (screening of calls with unknown/missing CID or from
> numbers I don't know or have placed in a special group) - in Asterisk
> this is a bit limited to about 2, 3 options which I have no control
> over, but in FreeSWITCH, it seems, I have a complete freedom of how/what
> to do when call screening is initiated -
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Dialplan_XML (Example 13) is exactly
> what I needed, though I take it I could customise it a bit so that:
>
> I (as the called party) have the option (by pressing a specific key
> after receiving the caller's name) to: 1) accept the call; 2) send a
> message back to the caller saying this number is unavailable and then
> terminate his/her call; 3) redirect him/her to voicemail; 4) drop the
> call entirely without giving any explanation at all (or, alternatively,
> torture them with some moh if they appear to be telemarketing group for
> example). By reading that example, it looks as though this can be achieved.
>
> If you only need "answer or reject to continue with the dialplan" then
simply use the pre-built Answer Confirmation:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Freeswitch_IVR_Originate#Answer_confirmation
Anything else will be a bit more complicated.

For telemarketers, you could bridge them to http://itslenny.com/

> One other thing: in Asterisk, there is a vast sound library for various
> messages/music/media which could be used. Is there a similar thing in
> FreeSWITCH or should I use Asterisk's media pack for now?

When installing if you did "make sounds-install" you got the basic sound
package which is quite extensive.
I recommend looking at the docs/phrase/phrase_en.xml and see the list of
the phrases / pre-recorded sound files under the name "callie".

-Avi