[Freeswitch-users] XML DialPlan Gateay dialing redundancy

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Dec 26 21:15:29 MSK 2012

Yeah, that's a fun one. You'll probably need to concoct a configuration
making use of continue_on_fail and failure_causes chan vars. You'll also
need to figure out all the ways in which each gateway's carrier might fail
the call. Oh, and "no answer" is also a "failure" so you'll need to find a
way to handle that differently than the other "failure" conditions. Perhaps
after each bridge attempt you could all a lua script that checks the value
of bridge_hangup_cause and then decide what to do with the call, i.e. on a
no answer you could transfer the call to a voicemail extension but on any
other failure cause you could simply exit the script and let the dialplan
continue processing.

Just as a starter maybe something like this:

<action application="set" data="continue_on_fail=true"/>
<action application="set" data="hangup_after_brdige=false"/>
<action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/gw1/$1"/>
<action application="lua" data="check_cause.lua"/>
<action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/gw2/$1"/>
<action application="lua" data="check_cause.lua"/>
<action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/gw3/$1"/>
<action application="lua" data="check_cause.lua"/>

You'll need to make sure the lua script also checks to see if the previous
bridge was answered and if so then hangup the call, otherwise it will keep
trying the next bridge command.

Have fun with that one! :)

-Michael

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Sean Devoy <sdevoy at bizfocused.com> wrote:

> ** **
>
> I need a little help with a complex XML dialplan.  Also, I am on the
> Stable release so I do not believe the much needed nested conditions exists
> for me yet.****
>
> ** **
>
> My problem is faulty gateway providers who periodically fail to connect
> the call with [temp failure] because “our routing tables where not up to
> date.”****
>
> ** **
>
> So what I am after is an xml dialplan to do this****
>
> If (it is a 10 or 11 digit dial)****
>
>                 Dial using gateway 1****
>
>                 If no answer****
>
>                                 Go to voice mail****
>
>                 Else if gateway failure ****
>
>                                 Dial using gateway 2****
>
>                 If no answer****
>
>                                 Go to voice mail****
>
>                 Else if gateway failure ****
>
>                                 Dial using gateway 3****
>
>                 If no answer****
>
>                                 Go to voice mail****
>
>                                 Else if gateway failure****
>
>                                                 Play a message that the
> number is screwed!****
>
> ** **
>
> Perhaps I need to breakdown and use a scripting language like LUA or
> JavaScript for this, but I would rather keep everything in XML if possible.
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> Any thoughts?****
>
> ** **