[Freeswitch-users] Help needed regaridng Contact Center solution

Saugort Dario Garcia Tovar dgarcia at anew.com.ve
Mon Aug 20 17:36:42 MSD 2012

mmm,

You think that the agent is dialing an extension. It is not what is
happening. The agent is dialing a number that invoke a mod_callcenter
function: login/logout/not ready. As FS is like a pbx (and more than a
pbx), it seems like an extension.

Just, registrer to FS is not enough. What happen when the agent need to
go the restroom, take coffee, couching, or take a break? Then, you will
need to reproduce in the agent gui the funcion of login, logout and
break... but again, what happen if your agent gui fail? your callcenter
service will stop because your gui fail? Also, if you just use register
signaling, you could face a wide sort of operational issues like, what
happen if the agent left the position and left the their seats: then
calls will be routed to empty seats!

If you want to get the agent login/logout without the agent dial
nothing... if I am not wrong, mod_callcenter offer functions to log and
logout agent from fs console, so I think you can invoke them using
execute() from lua or your script.

--
Atentamente,
*Dario García*