[Freeswitch-users] mod_httapi

Tom Parrott tomp at tomp.co.uk
Mon Apr 23 20:21:48 MSD 2012

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for your response. I wasn't being clear though.

I understand that

<action application="httapi"
data="http://192.168.100.197/cgi-bin/test.cgi"/>  in the dialplan will cause Freeswitch to retrieve the XML to perform work in the dialplan.

However in the wiki http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_httapi
  under the "Work Tag" section, each type of work describes two attributes:

action and temp-action, described as "change the new target url" and "change url to submit to just for the next loop".

What is the "loop" it is describing here, and is this a kind of 'callback' to the test.cgi allowing the application to keep control of the dialplan after it has sent the initial response?

Thanks again
Tom