[Freeswitch-users] Dialplan/PHP esl variable problem.

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Apr 9 07:03:06 MSD 2012

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Alex Crow <acrow at integrafin.co.uk> wrote:

> On 07/04/12 10:33, Wesley Akio wrote:
> >
> > Maybe the dialplan is waiting for curl to return... Can you see that
> > at the logs?
> >

> Thanks Wesley,
>
> But the curl should return as soon as the event is detected, and surely
> the queued request for PAGD should proceed regardless of my polling for
> events after it.  I've even tried listening for all events and logging
> them but I see nothing in the logs and still have to wait for the web
> server to timeout. The really odd thing is that if I don't do anything
> else in my PHP after the PAGD ESL call then I hear the message playing,
> as soon as I try to do anything else (including polling for events) I
> don't.
>
> I am just curious as to a) if I am trying to do something unsupported or
> b) I have found a bug.

I suspect there are better tools at your disposal for doing what you are
trying to do. If I were in your shoes (someone who obviously has Web dev
and PHP experience) then I would cut my losses with method and head
straight for HTTAPI. My guess is that the initial learning curve will be a
bit steep but that once you get over the hump you will be building awesome
applications without all the weird issues.

-MC