[Freeswitch-users] Share PRI line?

shouldbe q931 shouldbeq931 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 02:56:36 MSD 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 6:20 PM,  <fssupport at highergear.com> wrote:
> We have a client with a Mitel PBX with a PRI connected to it.  We are
> deploying a freeswitch box that will do some autodialing tasks for them.
> Is there a way to share the PRI between the two systems?  If nothing else,
> I'm pretty sure I can put a two line interface card in the Freeswitch
> server, plug the pri into it, then connected the other interface to the
> Mitel box, but that would make our box a point of failure and I'd like to
> avoid that if possible.

It is not possible to "split" or "share" a PRI interface with passive
components, your three options are

a/ put a second PRI interface onto "your" system, and configure it to
route inbound calls to the Mitel system and outbound calls from the
Mitel system
b/ put a second PRI interface onto the Mitel, and configure it as per
a/ but with your system instead
c/ purchase a device with 3 PRI interfaces that can route inbound
calls and outbound calls appropriately as per a/ and b/