[Freeswitch-users] Goto Voicemail When Network Down

Dan Lan danlanweb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 04:53:53 MSD 2011

Hi,
I install the Freeswitch without much modification.
I have an extension, and with incoming DID transfer to that extension.
Some Test Scenarios
1. When the extension is registered, the incoming call will go to VM after
30 secs, if no one answer the call (This is normal)
2. When the extension is not registered, the incoming call will go directly
to VM
3. However, if the endpoint is registered, but for some reason, the
endpoint's network is down. The incoming call will just go to blank
scilience. after about 60 secs then I can hear the busy signal.

>From the packet capture, I can see FS try to reach the end point by sending
INVITE during the 60 secs, but because the end point is not responding, so
the FS keep sending INVITE.

I am just wondering, are there anyway to break the loop? see, if the FS send
INVITE without response for some certain time, then go to Voice Mail without
the caller waiting and dont know what to do?

Dan