[Freeswitch-users] Feedback

Chad Vogel cvogel at lyonl.com
Sat Oct 29 05:44:12 MSD 2011

I had a couple of my developers work full time of converting FS for the last several weeks however on the VoiceXML / SCXML took a few months to develop and was part of another project we developed but it was in C++/CLR – this is really why we converted the FS core. Now being in the CLR it’s really natural to take advantage of the existing namespaces for: regex, xml, configuration and SQLClient, this allows us to shrink the code that needs to be upgraded, a cleaner interface for module development, advantages of garbage collection and being managed code means having a vaster library of development options. Also we didn’t bother converting many modules with our build; we only have mod_sofia, mod_loopback, mod_spandsp and mod_dialplan_xml. We will be developing our proprietary modules and client - licensing them to enterprises.