[Freeswitch-users] DTMF Problems! In-band detection patchy, rfc2833 not working!

Sidharth Kshatriya sid.kshatriya at gmail.com
Sat May 21 12:11:36 MSD 2011

Dear Friends,

I'm using a voip carrier Voicenetwork.ca (recommended by someone on this
list). While I'm generally happy with their service there seems to be one
fatal problem: My IVR does not recognize DTMF!

I have set <param name="dtmf-type" value="rfc2833"/> in both
sip_profile/internal.xml and sip_profile/external.xml

The symptom of the problem is that making a call via skype will
*always*make the IVR recognize the DTMF while using something like a
mobile phone
*almost always* won't!

I've tried in-band detection too. I'm making international calls into my IVR
and the reliability of the in-band detection is not so good, possibly
because of the quality of the call.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks,

Sidharth