[Freeswitch-users] hupall in cluster

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Mar 31 04:14:27 MSD 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Madovsky <infos at madovsky.org> wrote:

> good suggestion.
> do you mean that multicast::event is available with mod_event_socket ?
>
> if I read wiki for mod-event_multicast
> --------------
> You get access to all of the same events that you would get with
> mod_event_socket and "event plain ALL".
> This can be both a blessing and a curse. Please take care to audit the
> events, as they'll be sent everywhere that the
> router of your subnet and the adjoining routers are configured to send
> multicast packets. You may wish to explicitly
> plan for this and use a VLAN or similar precaution to protect yourself from
> information leaking to places it need not go.
>
> the problem is if my esl script listens all events from all nodes so it can
> unecessary grow the data incoming

Yep. You can't have it both ways - either you have to connect to each node
to send hupall via the socket or you need to listen to multicast traffic and
pick out the events you wish to act upon. I suppose the third choice would
be to create a "multicast event proxy" that handles the filtering of events
to/from each box.

Any other suggestions out there?

-MC