[Freeswitch-users] Proper prompt gain/level

Sidharth Kshatriya sid.kshatriya at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 09:52:01 MSD 2011

Yeah sox is great for command line and batch changes to volume levels

// this command invocation outputs the maximum volume increase
<name-of-input-sound-file> can go through without any distortion. The
maximum volume increase possible is stored as a decimal in max_vol.txt
sox <name-of-input-sound-file> -n stat -v 2> max_vol.txt
// This command actually boosts the volume level of the input file. Output
is stored in <name-of-output-sound-file>
sox -v `cat max_vol.txt` <name-of-input-sound-file>
<name-of-output-sound-file>

Sidharth Kshatriya
www.sidk.info