[Freeswitch-users] in bypass_media mode, 2833 payload type modified by freeswitch!

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Thu Jun 16 01:58:47 MSD 2011

Michael,

  This isn't an SDP offer/answer issue with FreeSWITCH.  Even if there
were underlying offer/answer issues between the endpoints FreeSWITCH
is in bypass_media mode and it shouldn't care about the SDP because by
definition (bypass_media) the SDP is "pass through" between the two
remote endpoints.

  The specific issue lies in the 183 w/ SDP at line 207.  It has
rfc2833 payload type 110.  When FreeSWITCH forwards this to the other
end (line 276) the SDP is untouched (expected with bypass_media)
EXCEPT the rfc2833 payload type has been changed to 101 (unexpected
with bypass_media).  It does this again with the 200 OK.  All other
SDP params are passed through - media address, port, codec, goofy
session name, and even the SER rtpproxy attributes.  I'll admit the
remote end/proxy is doing some strange stuff - 100, 101, 183, then
180, etc but this does look like a strange bypass_media bug in
FreeSWITCH.  The RFC2833 payload type should be forwarded between the
two remote endpoints without being modified by FreeSWITCH - just like
all of the other SDP parameters (or any part of the SIP body, for that
matter).

--
Kristian Kielhofner