[Freeswitch-users] No ringback with originate

Mathieu Lautram lautram.mathieu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 02:10:46 MSD 2011

Thank you all for your replies

So if I understand well, for now, I have two solutions:

1/ check when the state is "answered" with events thrown by FS
2/ check the country code of the bleg and apply the correct ringtone

So, as Michael said, if you have any ideas, I'll be glad to test them.

Thanks a lot Michael and all of you for your efficiency :-)

Best regards

2011/7/11 Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org>

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Steven Ayre <steveayre at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The issue isn't that you can't do that, you can.
>>
>> The issue is that you can't do that at the same time as passing back the
>> ringback from a bleg to an aleg, unless you generate the ringback yourself
>> (you can't both handle the 18x and ignore it at the same time).
>>

> Agreed, which is where we're currently stuck. The question is exactly *how*
> to generate ringback to the A leg when his B leg could be call anywhere in
> the world. The OP said he wanted the appropriate ringback. I suggested that
> he look at the target phone number, parse out the country code, and then
> supply the appropriate ringback value for that country.
>
> If there are alternate solutions to this then by all means present them so
> that Mathieu can test drive them.
> -MC

Mathieu LAUTRAM
Application developer