[Freeswitch-users] No ringback with originate

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Jul 12 01:17:01 MSD 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Steven Ayre <steveayre at gmail.com> wrote:

> The issue isn't that you can't do that, you can.
>
> The issue is that you can't do that at the same time as passing back the
> ringback from a bleg to an aleg, unless you generate the ringback yourself
> (you can't both handle the 18x and ignore it at the same time).

Agreed, which is where we're currently stuck. The question is exactly *how*
to generate ringback to the A leg when his B leg could be call anywhere in
the world. The OP said he wanted the appropriate ringback. I suggested that
he look at the target phone number, parse out the country code, and then
supply the appropriate ringback value for that country.

If there are alternate solutions to this then by all means present them so
that Mathieu can test drive them.
-MC