[Freeswitch-users] 482 Merged Request

Spencer Thomason spencer at 5ninesolutions.com
Mon Jul 11 20:52:54 MSD 2011

Hello all,
Sorry to dig up an old thread but we are having the same issue and I couldn't seem to find a solution.  Our scenario is similar to this:

http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2009-September/046709.html

Basically we are using FreeSWITCH as a basic B2BUA for topology hiding, CNAM lookups and number normalizing in our SBC setup.  A call looks like this:

Client UA -> Kamailio -> FS --back to--> Kamailo -> ISTPs

I have three profiles configured:
Outbound
Inbound
Media

If we respond with a 486 or 404 to our providers gateways, they simply drop the call (which is totally fine).  This doesn't give the person calling any real indication because the just hear the call drop.  I have another profile setup to provide progress tones as early media and then issue the appropriate final response (404, 486, etc.) The problem is this.  If a call passes thru a FS profile, back to the proxy and generates an error code that we redirect that call to the FS media profile to generate the tones, we get a 482 Merged Request back from FS because the Call-ID is the same and the call that just went thru, event though the transaction has ended.  Is there any way to do this without using another server just to generate the tones?

Thanks,
Spencer