[Freeswitch-users] change sounds file format of voicemail

Kris kris at livecall.com
Fri Jul 1 23:59:33 MSD 2011

There are a lot of Dialogics out there and I just needed compativility with
it's 8 bit wav and 4bit vox and I will submit it to the GIT so others who
need that compatibility can use it. When I first started with 2 phone lines,
I had a 286 with 40mb disk. When you have a few thousand files you can copy,
convert and not worry about it. When you have a million, not so fast... I
want to have both Dialogic and FS running side by side and sharing messages.
I am just not a fan of converting gigabytes of files, then find that I am up
the creek without a paddle-something goes wrong..I wanted to rewrite my
program in a modern language like C#, instead of continuing with ancient
C,that  I started with 20 years ago. 16 bit wav, do sound better at 4x the
storage.