[Freeswitch-users] Portaudio Improvements

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sat Jan 22 08:06:41 MSK 2011

On 01/22/2011 09:44 AM, Seven Du wrote:
> I also would like to contribute more on FSComm when I have more free
> time. I actually "stoled" some code from FSComm to a client I was
> working on. We use a headset so AEC is not a big deal for now. But I
> still would like to see AEC work for this. Actually someone reported
> ECHO even with a headset I haven't confirm.  Is it possible to get
> OSLEC work on Windows/Mac ?
>
> In addition to AEC. I also found PA lacks the ability to change the
> sound device volume. I tried to control sound devices in QT but
> haven't find a way. Ideas on this?
Echo is a big problem with headsets, especially those with the mic up
near the earpiece, and a tube to the mouth. Its also a problem in
traditional telephone handsets. A good IP phone handset should have an
acoustic echo canceller cleaning up its mic signal. A lot (even many
expensive ones) don't, and produce considerable echo if you turn up the
handset volume for the hearing impaired.

Steve