[Freeswitch-users] Bria 3 and Freeswitch TLS configuration

Milan Masek milan.m.masek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 08:38:38 MSK 2011

Hi there,
What do you think I am doing wrong when my connection to Freeswitch over TLS
from Bria softphone ends with:
"could not be enabled. Problem at server (SIP error 503)"

Configuration:
Server: CentOS 5, Freeswitch 1.0.6 (fresh installation from a tarball)
Client: (K)Ubuntu 10.04, Bria 3.1

-firewall is OK, telnet on port 5061 OK, iptables OK, tcpdump shows traffic
-server CA certificate imported on client computer to system-wide keystore
database (dpkg-reconfigure ca-certificates)
-TLS enabled in vars.xml

Also (with no TLS connection) - I can register phone (Bria, Empathy), I can
dial to another user, hear ring tone, pickup the phone call - but I can not
hear person on other side. I can just see that my microphone works.

Thank you for help. Any advice appreciated.
Cheers,
Milan